bcr rockin and rollin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
bcr rockin and rollin

BCR fans Chit Chatting about The Group, their Music and other things...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

favorite album

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin(bcrbabe)
Admin
Admin(bcrbabe)

Female
Number of posts : 90
Job/hobbies : homemaker
Humor : in this day and age one must have humor
Registration date : 2008-02-23

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 5:38 pm

I love all the albums But I have to say My all time faves are " It's a game" and " Strangers In the wind" the other day i ordered " Elevator" On CD form!!
Back to top Go down
https://rollerchitchat.forumotion.com

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 6:34 pm

Hi everybody!
This isn't a 'favorite album' comment really, but I was hoping someone could help me out on the song "Rock N Roller", which is one of my favorites...

The first solo that Woody sings, he's all " I don't want to play no heavy jazz..." but I can't quite get the next line that he sings right after that. Help!

Thanks.

btw... now that I'm no longer sick, I'll be back in here more often!
Back to top Go down
Admin(bcrbabe)
Admin
Admin(bcrbabe)

Female

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 5:57 am

our woody sings

"With no high class music and it's stuffed shirt nights"

what a good idea for a thread.. groovyjen after you see this i'm going to make a new thread for song lyrics and move it to there!!
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 6:10 am

Ahh! Thank you! I could not figure out that part. flower
Good idea about the song lyric thread!
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 7:54 pm

Favorite album? Well, anything that Eric plays on of course!!!!! heehee!! I love you
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 2:28 pm

For me, I think I grew with wich one. My first crush was for Dedication. Then I went and bought Rollin - Write a letter - Woudn't you like it (those two had the same songs on but on had Write a letter and the other one Would'nt you like it : yeah, being unable to chose I bouth both... lol!) I bought the Greatest hits, It's a game, Strangers in the Wind and finaly Elevator. Anyway EVERY RELEASE that was offer in Canada, I had it... Now older, I think back and well I LOVE strangers in the wind (the Faulkner/Wood efforts for the writing was and still is EXCELLENT) the second best, the one without Les Elevator, more grown up.
I read somewhere that if Leslie would have been more comprehensive for Eric and Woody's writing things would have end up differently. Don't know if it is true. Thought anyone?
Have a great day! Laughing
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Roller albums   favorite album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 5:57 pm

You know, reading these comments have made me want to listen to my albums! I think tomorrow I'll get them out and have a listen! Of course look at the pictures and dream of my teen years. I'll also think of all my BCR friends here! My husband and son are in for a real treat!!! My hubby thinks it's so neat that I'm having such a blast talking to other fans all over the world on youtube! My son thinks I'm going through a second childhood. Hahahahah!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 8:46 pm

I am slowly but surely rebuilding my Roller music collection. Had them all on albums in the 70s, and sadly I don't have them anymore. So now I am getting them on cds off of Amazon one at a time until I have them all!

I have a greatest hits disc, Dedication, and one called Bye Bye Baby which was recorded in the 90s when the band consisted of Woody, Alan, Eric, and Eric's girlfriend Kass (which just doesn't have the same Roller sound, you know?)

I recently ordered the Strangers in the Wind cd from Amazon and am waiting for it to arrive. I remember loving this one! Can't wait to get it!
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:44 am

Alan also sing "here comes that feeling again" love that song too. Have a great day everyone! What a Face
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Album   favorite album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 11:04 am

Hello everyone! I got the albums out, listened to Strangers in the Wind, It's a Game and another one called Rock n' Roll Love Letter.Lord that was a blast!! Knew the words to everysong! I never realized how many songs Eric and Woody wrote and heard a song that I forgot and really loved/love " If You were My Woman". I can't say I have a favorite album because I just love songs on all of them!! Maybe tomorrow I'll listen to some more! LOL!! You'd think I have nothing else to do!!

I love you Catherine
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 11:11 am

Have a blast Cartherine, listen to them (I know I do everytime I got the chance). Have a great day! cheers
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 3:48 pm

You know which album I really like - Rollerworld, Live at The Budokan in Tokyo. I love the fact that it's live. It's them doing their thing, no extras. I would love to get Elevator and Riccochet - never heard the latter. But I hear it's very good (what else?)
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:39 am

Funny your talking about that, I was just thinking buying Elevator and Ricochet on line. Never heard Rollerworld but I will look out for it. Thanks for the tip BCR4me. Have a great day everyone! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: favorite song   favorite album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 6:03 am

Hello everyone. The song Turn on the Radio seems to be one of my favorites right now. Even though Les is good at lead and his voice is the one I think of with BCR, I must say I do enjoy Duncans voice on this song! The guys look so gorgeous on the YouTube video also! Can anyone tell me which album this song is from. I know nothing of the albums after Les left. (unfortunatly) Thank you bunches!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Admin(bcrbabe)
Admin
Admin(bcrbabe)

Female

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 6:15 am

Ericsfan wrote:
Hello everyone. The song Turn on the Radio seems to be one of my favorites right now. Even though Les is good at lead and his voice is the one I think of with BCR, I must say I do enjoy Duncans voice on this song! The guys look so gorgeous on the YouTube video also! Can anyone tell me which album this song is from. I know nothing of the albums after Les left. (unfortunatly) Thank you bunches!! I love you

it is from The Elevator album... Love that song...
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 6:23 am

I really love that song, too - as well as the video. It's one of my favorites. I liked Duncan - his voice and his energy.
Back to top Go down
Admin(bcrbabe)
Admin
Admin(bcrbabe)

Female

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 6:26 am

BCR4me, I love the photo of Eric.. that is too cute..

I like that song also but I have to say My favorite from Elevator is " Hello and Welcome Home" , life on the Radio is also a great song!!! it is a really Good Album ( Elevator)
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 6:39 am

Admin(bcrbabe) wrote:
BCR4me, I love the photo of Eric.. that is too cute..

I like that song also but I have to say My favorite from Elevator is " Hello and Welcome Home" , life on the Radio is also a great song!!! it is a really Good Album ( Elevator)

Hi bcrbabe -

Thanks for your help on the Avatar photos. I guess it worked!

I hadn't heard "Hello & Welcome Home" in ages - till the video tribute to Duncan. That is a great song, as well.

Judy
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 8:55 am

BCR4me wrote:
You know which album I really like - Rollerworld, Live at The Budokan in Tokyo. I love the fact that it's live. It's them doing their thing, no extras. I would love to get Elevator and Riccochet - never heard the latter. But I hear it's very good (what else?)

Hi BCR4m, I love your avatar picture! It/he is real cute! Wink
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 5:30 pm

Just wanted to share with you that I am watching the postman... anyday now I should receive my three "new" cd's: Elevator, Strangers in the Wind and Ricochet (I don't even know one song on that one). I'll let you know!
Take care and keep on rollin! I love you
Back to top Go down
Admin(bcrbabe)
Admin
Admin(bcrbabe)

Female

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 5:56 pm

rollersagain wrote:
Just wanted to share with you that I am watching the postman... anyday now I should receive my three "new" cd's: Elevator, Strangers in the Wind and Ricochet (I don't even know one song on that one). I'll let you know!
Take care and keep on rollin! I love you

I ordered " Elevator" in early March on a waiting list so when we get back home from Florida It should be there, Can't wait... flower
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 1:10 am

Hello, now I have all the records with Les voice, I donīt like Duncan. I never bought ricochet or elevator, perhaps now Iīll buy these cdīs, Iīm curious now after all these years.
But my fav song is still Marlena, I donīt know why, but when I hear it I start to cry, 30 years ago and today.
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:06 pm

Hey Dawn!

A bit ago you mentioned that you ordered the Elevator cd from Amazon.... I was just wondering how you like it? I know a couple of the songs on it that I like, but I really prefer Leslie's voice (he'll always be the lead singer in my mind).

Does the Elevator cd have "Doors, Bars, and Metal" on it? I think that's what it is called. Everyone should check out that video on youtube... it's awesome.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Keep on Rollin'!
Back to top Go down
Admin(bcrbabe)
Admin
Admin(bcrbabe)

Female

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:13 pm

groovyjen wrote:
Hey Dawn!

A bit ago you mentioned that you ordered the Elevator cd from Amazon.... I was just wondering how you like it? I know a couple of the songs on it that I like, but I really prefer Leslie's voice (he'll always be the lead singer in my mind).

Does the Elevator cd have "Doors, Bars, and Metal" on it? I think that's what it is called. Everyone should check out that video on youtube... it's awesome.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Keep on Rollin'!

It was here when we got home from Florida and It is great!!! but no Doors,Bars and metal is not on this one.it is on the Ricocket (sp) album!!! i like both voices..2 great singers with different styles..
i'm going to order "RollerCoaster" this weekend!!
Back to top Go down

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 8:26 am

I just listened to La Belle Jeane, I just love that song!! Sooooooooo beautiful!! Eric and Woody sure could write beautiful songs. When I'm listening to the slow ones, I love them most! And then, when I hear the faster ones, they're my favorites!! I guess that means I love them all!!!!! Laughing Cool! Everyone have a rockin' day!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

favorite album Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite album   favorite album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

favorite album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
bcr rockin and rollin :: favorite songs by The Bay City Rollers-
Jump to: